Written by Nayo Wills, M.D. on October 12th, 2012
Disclaimer: The following is for informational purposes only. Consult with a qualified doctor before beginning any new treatment or supplements. Do not use this information for diagnosis or treatment purposes without consulting with a qualified doctor
22. Sweat at least 2-3 times per week
Do a sauna or steam room to help excrete toxins
Including Heavy Metals and Environmental Toxins
decrease muscle and joint
support healthy sleep
Cardiovascular Exercise at least 5-6 days a week
23. Strength Training at least 2 times per week
Promotes bone health
Increases your metabolism by increasing muscle to fat ratio, muscle mass begins to decrease in our 30s increasing with each decade; add strength training early
Decreases Arthritic Pain
Supports Heart Health
Decreases risk for injuries
24. Eat at least 2 servings of cruciferous vegetables in a day to help detoxify
Specifically, these vegetables contain sulforaphane
Sulforaphane was isolated from broccoli sprouts by Johns Hopkins
It causes the up-regulation (increase) of Phase II Detoxification enzymes in the liver
Protecting from free radical damage linked to disease and inflammation
May protect against some cancers
May help prevent the growth of H. Pylori
Enjoy Brussels Sprouts, kale, cabbage, cauliflower, arugula, watercress, and of course, broccoli and broccoli sprouts
Broccoli Seed Extract Supplement
Discuss with a qualified doctor, whether you might benefit from adding a broccoli seed extract supplement to support the detoxification process and prevent oxidative damage
25. Take a probiotic and enjoy fermented foods at least once a day
Fermented foods- fresh, fermented yogurt, fermented vegetables, and Kombucha drink
Work with a qualified doctor to avoid antibiotics and oral contraception, when possible and medically appropriate
Both of these medicines destroy the healthy flora in our bowel
70% of our immune system resides in the bowel
If it is damaged with chronic stress, meds, and infections, you may develop a weakened immune system
We need our immune systems to maintain optimal health and aging
Work with a doctor to determine the state of your bowel health and immune system to make recommendations to restore or optimize overall health (probiotics, bowel restoration regimen, etc.)
26. Skip dessert
If you must indulge, have dark chocolate covered almonds or dark chocolate with a tsp. of nut butter
Alternatively, a small piece of cheese
27. Meditate before bed. Give thanks for your day.
28. Journal on all that you are thankful.
29. Spend a few minutes reviewing the day for lessons and patterns of fear to be released.
30. Once a week, spend some time reviewing your interactions and thoughts for any repeating patterns of fear (being shown to you or that you are engaged in), and make a commitment to release the fear and be led by your Higher Self/heart.
This routine will support all healthy “girls” in regaining or maintaining wellness. The first step is to know you are worth the time and effort, and then be sincere and consistent.